Submissions are open! Please read the guidelines before submitting. The link to the submission page is at the end.
As time passes, things change. That includes my submission guidelines. While most of my old submission guidelines persist, a few more need to be added.
- Please make sure your book is edited to industry standards. It’s best to use both a developmental editor and a copy editor.
- Make sure your book is formatted correctly. These are ebooks not web pages. There shouldn’t be any blank spaces between paragraphs. The only exception is when you switch character point of view. Even then, it’s a good idea to have a dividing graphic so the reader knows you’re switching.
- I will review just about any genre except for LGBT, erotica, non-fiction, poetry, horror, children’s picture books, and fan fiction. (Exemption for LGBT: I will accept books that contain LGBT characters. But the characters and relationships fall under my ‘no sex’ rule.)
- Feel free to submit middle grade books. I quite enjoy them.
- If you have explicit sex scenes or explicit violence, please do not submit. I will accept “fade to black” scenes. If you have a single sex scene that is vital to the book, that is also okay.
- ALL reviews are my own opinion. I am only one reader among millions. What interests me may not interest another reader, and that’s exactly how it should be. I do my best to showcase your book in the best light possible, so even if my own personal opinion isn’t the best, it could very well intrigue others.
- If you cannot handle the possibility of a negative review, do me a favor. Do NOT ask me to review your book. I will NOT be taking down any reviews I make public.
- I post my reviews mainly on Amazon and Goodreads. I also announce the review on my Facebook page and eventually Twitter gets a hold of it.
- One last thing. If your book contains references to suicide, mental health issues, or adultery, please let me know. I’ll make the call on a case by case basis if I will read the book or not.
- I now accept ONLY mobi files. I read exclusively on my Kindle and that’s the best file format.
My Promises to You, the Author:
All of your files are safe with me. They never leave my hands and will NEVER be placed on any pirate sites. I do not share them with anyone else. The only time that changes is when I’m working with a guest reviewer. They are then held to these same rules.
I walk into every book free from bias. That includes reviewing an author I’ve reviewed in the past. Each book is read and reviewed based on its own merits.
*I have read the guidelines and I believe my book meets your requirements. I would like to submit it for a review.*