Unfortunately, due to the volume of review requests, I need to stop taking in submissions at this time. I will be continuing to read and post reviews as I can, so stay with me! As soon as I get my list smaller, I will open submissions back up again. Feel free to follow my Facebook page. I will announce it there when submissions open again.
Please feel free to head on over to The Indie View reviewer list. There may be other reviewers still accepting submissions! You can also find reviewers more than willing to tackle the genres I do not read.
As time passes, things change. That includes my submission guidelines. While most of my old submission guidelines persist, a few more need to be added.
- Please make sure your book is edited to industry standards. It’s best to use both a developmental editor and a copy editor.
- Make sure your book is formatted correctly. These are ebooks not web pages. There shouldn’t be any blank spaces between paragraphs. The only exception is when you switch character point of view. Even then, it’s a good idea to have a dividing graphic so the reader knows you’re switching.
- I will review just about any genre except for LGBT, erotica, non-fiction, poetry, horror, children’s picture books, and fan fiction.
- Feel free to submit middle grade books. I quite enjoy them.
- If you have explicit sex scenes or explicit violence, please do not submit. I will accept “fade to black” scenes. If you have a sex scene that is vital to the book, that is also okay.
- ALL reviews are my own opinion. I am only one reader among millions. What interests me may not interest another reader, and that’s exactly how it should be. I do my best to showcase your book in the best light possible, so even if my own personal opinion isn’t the best, it could very well intrigue others.
- If you cannot handle the possibility of a negative review, do me a favor. Do NOT ask me to review your book. I will NOT be taking down any reviews I make public.
- I post my reviews mainly on Amazon and Goodreads. I also announce the review on my Facebook page and eventually Twitter gets a hold of it.
- One last thing. If your book contains references to suicide, mental health issues, or adultery, please let me know. I’ll make the call on a case by case basis if I will read the book or not.